I've been making things for as long as I can remember. I grew up in a family of crafty and inventive individuals who inspired me at a young age to create with my hands. As a result, I've always been passionate about making art and crafting.
As an artist and a designer, I've always found inspiration in the fairy tales, books, films, comics, artists, games, and especially the cartoon characters that I've loved throughout my life. I started drawing with these characters, and eventually I also developed an interest in designing the outfits they wore. That was how I originally came to love fashion as a medium of expression. Many of the ideas behind my work still come from the strange combinations of my various interests and my more recent love of fashion.
When I am not drawing, sewing, or dabbling in my various other creative activities, I enjoy browsing thrift stores and exploring the city, cooking and baking delicious foods, and spending time with my friends and family. I also love to read books and comics, and when I'm at home I spend a lot of time watching movies on Netflix, playing videogames, and browsing the internet.
- Researched trends and development of color ways to create mood and color boards, design presentations, and fashion forecasts.
- Developed design illustrations from concept sketches to final presentation pieces, meeting all deadlines
- Rendered in gouache, colored pencil, marker, and digital mediums.
- Effectively developed, manipulated, and constructed numerous patterns.
- Constructed garments utilizing draping and patternmaking techniques.
- Tailored garments to fit models.
- Utilized hand knitting and crocheting techniques to construct garments and accessories.
- Highly experienced with Adobe Creative Suite 4 as a design, illustration, and presentation medium.
- Utilized Photoshop and Illustrator to create print motifs, repeats, and color ways.
- Generated digital spec sheets and technical drawings.
- Relatively knowledgeable about web design, including HTML and CSS coding skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and OpenOffice.org software.